Become a Tutor
Teach someone to read. Help change a life.
- Call (626) 852-4897 or e-mail email@example.com
- Attend a Tutor Training Workshop for an introduction to the characteristics of adult learners, as well as methods, materials, and strategies for teaching adult learners.
- We will match you with an adult learner who is available when you are.
- Attend an individual tutor training for specific information about your learner and the materials you will use with your learner.
- Meet at the library with your learner one or two times a week for about 1½ hours each session.
Adult Literacy Volunteer Job Description: Like to know more about what it takes to be a literacy volunteer? Click here for more details.
Adult Literacy Links
Indicators of a Person with Low Reading Skills
The Teacher Who Couldn’t Read, John Corcoran
Steven Spielberg Discusses his Dyslexia
What is dyslexia? Dr. Kelli Sandman-Hurley
California Library Literacy Services