Adult Literacy Program
Glendora READS! provides tutoring and materials free to adults who struggle with reading, writing, and spelling skills. If someone you know needs literacy help, ask them to call us. We will provide a one-to-one confidential literacy tutor to work with them.
is a welcoming environment
that cares for learners
and moves them forward
at their own pace
based on their individual strengths,
and personal goals.
Glendora READS! serves adults
- who are 16 and older
- who are not currently enrolled in high school
- who are able to complete an interview and skills assessment in English
- who want to improve reading, writing or spelling skills
- who can dedicate 1½ hours or more each week to working with a tutor
- who can commit to at least 6 months.
If you want to learn more about the Glendora READS! program, please call the Literacy Coordinator, Mary Pat Dodson at 626-852-4897.